There is so much information in the world today that you can learn anything you want. There is no excuse to not know anything you want to learn…and to learn it in most cases for free!
Want to learn how to cook? Look it up on YouTube.
There is no substitute for learning. Growing in knowledge and wisdom should be our pursuit until the day we die.
Want to be a better parent? Learn more.
A better leader? Keep learning.
A more successful business owner? Yeah, you guessed it. Learn!
So, what are some ways that you can set rhythms for learning in your life?
- READ. Books, articles, blogs. Take notes. Highlight.
2. LISTEN. Listen to thought leaders. Listen to Podcasts. Listen to teaching from pastors and other leaders.
3. CONFERENCES AND CLASSES. Attend conferences and classes to learn what you want. Need to learn a new trade? Go to a technical school. Want to better your business skills? Go to a conference or participate in a masterclass. As I write this, I am attending the Purpose Driven Conference at Saddleback Church.
4. MENTORS. King Solomon states in Proverbs 15:22, “Plans go wrong for lack of advice; many advisers bring success.” We need multiple mentors in our lives to help bring us success: in our relationships, our finances, our health, and so much more. There is no substitute for having personal advisers. When I started my church (citylifela.org), I had an adviser who met with me once a month for a year and a half. All I had to do was buy him lunch!
5. EXPERIENCE. Learn from your own experiences and those of others. Learn from your present and your past. Learn from successes AND failures.
6. ASK GOD. God is our best advisor. His Word (the Bible) is filled with 66 books by 44 authors inspired by God. Pray, read His Word, connect with Him. He is your most important guide in this life to live out the potential he has placed inside of you!
If you set rhythms of learning in your life, you will be guaranteed to be further along tomorrow than you are today. Keep learning!